With new normal comes the need for new designs. Unleash your creativity at the Singapore Creator Awards to shape a better tomorrow and a chance to walk away with cash prizes worth more than $18,000!
Initiated in 2018 by the Chinese Media Group of Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) and co-organised by Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre (SCCC), The Singapore Creator Awards celebrate the unique characteristics of the Singapore lifestyle, culture or heritage.
The Awards invite designers – both aspiring and professional – to submit innovative and applicable ideas that are imbued with a strong Singapore identity according to the Awards’ theme. The 2021 edition takes the theme of ‘New Normal New Designs’.
“Covid-19 has brought deep and lasting changes to the way we work and live,” says Loh Woon Yen, Managing Editor of SPH’s Chinese Media Group, “Hence, we felt that the theme ‘New Normal New Designs’ for Singapore Creator Awards 2021 is timely, as we want to encourage creators, designers and students to create products and visuals that reflect the new normal and also inspire Singaporeans.”
The Awards are open to Singapore citizens, permanent residents and foreigners based in Singapore. There are two main award categories:
- The Aspiring Designer category for non-practitioners and novices with a passion for creativity, including design students, students from other fields, graduates taking first steps to a career in design, and design hobbyists.
- The Established Designer category for experienced professionals who have worked in the industry for more than 3 years, have an established design practice or have received recognition from design awards.
Each participant is allowed to submit up to three entries in either one of the two categories. There will be 10 finalists chosen from each category who may be asked to prototypes for the final judging.
The shoirtlisted will be put up for online public voting. Public voting will make up 20 per cent of the score while the panel of judges’ votes will make up 80 per cent of the score.
The submitted designs can comes in various forms, including graphic design, spatial design, product design, UX design, and mobile app concepts. .
There are no age restrictions for either categories. However If you are below the age of 18 as of 01 January 2021, you are required to obtain your legal guardian/parent’s written consent and agreement to your participation in the award programme.
Read the complete T&Cs here!
- Submission deadline: 02 May 2021, 11:59pm
- Preliminary judging: 25 May 2021
- Notification of Finalists: 28 May 2021
- Submission of Prototypes by Finalists: 18 June 2021
- Final Judging: 25 June 2021
- Announcement of 10 Finalists & Public Voting: 21-27 July 2021
- Award Ceremony: 30 July 2021
Aspiring Designer Category
- Merit: $500
- Bronze: $1,000
- Silver: $2,000
- Gold: $3,000
Established Designer Category
- Merit: $500
- Bronze: $2,000
- Silver: $3,000
- Gold: $6,000