De-stress and relax, with this homemade recipe for a calming bathtub soak.
- 100g mineral sea salt
- 2 teabags of camomile (make it strong)
- 2 pieces of medium-sized orange peel (preferably sun dried)
- Use essential oil blends: – lavender, 16 drops – German camomile, 12 drops – sweet orange, 8 drops – sandalwood, 4 drops (make sure you use no more than 40 drops in total)
1. Set temperature for around 40 deg C or to your preference, but at a temperature slightly warmer than the body’s.
2. Mix the ingredients well. Never put essential oils directly into the bathtub without first mixing with base ingredient (in this case, sea salt).
3. Soak in the bathtub for at least 20 minutes for best effect.
4. Finish off with a cold shower.
5. Make sure to dry and wrap your body straight away and hydrate with a glass of clean water, but avoid drinking cold drinks or alcohol.
6. This soak is not suitable for children below eight years old.