If you’ve been seeing your friends upload interesting looking 3D images, you must be wondering how that is done. Here’s what you need to know about 3D images and how to upload your own through the Facebook mobile app.
3D photo versus 360 photo
- A 3D photo are different from 360 photo
- A 360 photo allows viewers to see what is around you at the time you shot the image. For that, you need to click on the 360 photo feature and turn around slowly while holding your phone up.
- A 3D photo, on the other hand, is a shot with a virtual depth of feel, so that the object in the foreground can be seen at slightly different angles when you turn your mobile screen.
- In order to create a 3D photo, your mobile device must be equipped with dual-camera lenses, which allows users to shoot images in Portrait mode.
How to create a 3D photo
- You will not be able to find the option to create a 3D photo unless you do the following: Visit the Facebook 360 page, and like the page.
- After liking the Facebook 360 page, close your Facebook app and reload it.
- After reloading, go to your facebook page and start a new post.
- When you look at the various things you can do with the new post, you will see a new feature that says 3D photo.
- Click on the 3D photo option, and select an image from your photo library that was shot in Portrait mode.
- Facebook will automatically calibrate the image and convert it into a 3D photo.
1) For a perfect 3D shot, make sure that there is a clear distinction between the object in the foreground and the background. Otherwise, you will see the object in the foreground being stretched at the sides.
2) Avoid taking pictures with similar colours in the foreground and background.
3) Try holding a flower in the foreground and have a friend seated in the background, this will result in an interesting 3D effect where you will see virtual shots of both the flower and you friend.