Many households in Singapore hire live-in domestic helpers to help out with household chores, cooking, elderly care etc.
Of these households, recent market research conducted by insurance company FWD found that 68 per cent of employees bought foreign domestic worker insurance through a maid agency. Yet, 70 per cent of them said they would buy it online directly from an insurer in the future.
FWD's latest product, Maid Insurance — which comes with three different plans — covers outpatient medical expenses related to personal accident and illnesses, with the latter being the first of its kind in Singapore.
The company is also the only insurer that provides zero excess for the mandatory security bond in its base plan, which fully covers employers should the unforeseen happen.
Not only does this new product insure the domestic helper, it also protects employers regarding issues they may be concerned about.
Key benefits include:
- A full premium refund if the policy is cancelled within the first three months
- Cover of the mandatory security bond in the base plan without any excess
- All-round coverage across hospitalisation, accidental death and disability up to $50,000
- Outpatient medical cover related to illnesses
- Protection of the home against theft by a foreign domestic worker, fire and burglary
- Personal accident; ambulance fees; repatriation expenses; funeral grant; wages and levy compensation; alternative maid services compensation; cancellation refund; and care against physical abuse by foreign domestic worker.
- Included in the base plan with varying cover are outpatient expenses due to accident; hospitalisation and surgical expenses; re-hiring expenses; liability to third parties; and damage or theft of the foreign domestic worker’s personal belongings.
- To enhance the base plan, FWD’s Maid Insurance offers the following riders — daily hospital allowance; outpatient medical expenses; home cover; top up of hospital and surgical expenses; and letter of guarantee to the Philippine Overseas Labour Office.
FWD’s Maid Insurance is available on www.fwd.com.sg with premiums starting at $188. Enjoy a special 10 per cent discount by keying in the promo code FWDHELPER; offer valid till 13 June 2017.