Design: Collective Designs
Glamourous without being too fancy or fussy, this look is classic but keeps up with the times. Balance more ornate traditional styles with clean-cut designs for contemporary luxury. You will never spot anything too “trendy” in a Modern Classic theme — think elegant colours, too.
– Luxe fabrics, such as velvet and silk
– Neutral base colours, with jewel-tone accents
– Brass or gold-tone metallic trimmings and details
– Fresh flowers with opulent blooms; for example roses, hydrangeas and lilies
1. Barbara Barry Bowmont chandelier, price unavailable, from Proof Living.
2. Potocco Bon Bon table, $10, 410, from The Beuro.
3. Tufenkian Galaxy Crystal Blue rug, price unavailable, from Proof Living.
4. Baker Arcade Shell chair, price unavailable, from Proof Living.
5. Nobilis glassware, $229 for the decanter, $169 for a set of two glasses, from Villeroy & Boch.
6. Diane James Blooms faux flowers, price unavailable, from Proof Living.
7. La Classica Contura tableware, $34.95 – $715, from Villeroy & Boch.