Interior designer: Sponge
1) The designer painted the ceiling beams black to add a contemporary look to this spacious living room.
Combining the dining, living and kitchen area gave the owner more space to play with the layout of his home.
2) This jumbo flat was created by combining a three and four-room HDB flat in Yishun. Yes! It’s possible to do so! You just need a permit from HDB.
Interior designer: The Scientist Pte Ltd
3) By opening up the space, the designer built a longer dry kitchen that doubled as a dining space for guests. The L-shape of this home allows the owner to keep the kitchen separate from the rest of the home as well.
Interior designer: Aiden T
4) This designer created a unique circular living room with the open space created by hacking away a few walls. Definitely a memorable home.
Interior designer: Proj. B Studio
5) A three-room flat becomes more spacious thanks to the help of the designer who took down a few walls. Now there’s enough space to create a cheerful L-shape sofa.
Interior designer: D5 Studio Image
6) Bigger space means more space for more quirky pieces like the giant bean-bag.
7) This designer turned his mother’s old flat into a contemporary, open-concept home by hacking away walls and using glass doors and pillars to zone spaces.
Interior designer: Design Rebirth
8) This designer tore down a storeroom that sat in the middle of the home, giving the owners a larger living room.