Shopping: 10 minimalist home decor accessories for a trendy look
Minimalist home interiors are probably one of the biggest trends in design, and it’s one that hasn’t diminished with time. Here, 10 buys that will definitely give your space a modern yet luxe look – how’s that for starting on a “clean slate” for the new year?
1. Tom Dixon stainless steel shot glasses, US$95 (S$137), www.mrporter.com
Whether you use these sleek shot glasses for their intended purpose, or just put them on display, they'll add a luxe touch to your kitchen or dining table.
2. Wooden bench, Crate & Barrel
This handy bench doubles as storage space — what better way to keep your home neat and orderly?
3. Soho Home cashmere throw, US$600 (S$867), www.mrporter.com
Dress up your couch with this comfortable throw.
4. Brass and steel lamp, $1,623, www.naiise.com
This sleek black lamp is a sure-fire way to add character to any space.
5. Nomess Copenhagen wood and brass rack, EU241.67 (S$349), www.nest.co.uk
Simple yet elegant, this features a vintage brass hanging rail that adds a luxurious touch.
6. Marble tray, $109, www.comehome.com
Into Instagram flatlays Your number one accessory to add to your tableware this year should be this gorgeous rectangular tray made of marble.
7. Wood bookcase, Crate & Barrel
Ditch the traditional bookshelves and opt for an unconventional design like this one.
8. Tom Dixon metal scent diffuser, US$107 (S$154), www.net-a-porter.com
Scenting your home is a given. How to up the ante: By using stylish diffusers like this Tom Dixon piece, which resembles the beakers you see in science class.
9. Wooden coffee table, Crate & Barrel
This round table will add texture to a monochromatic space.
10. Metal rack, Crate & Barrel
Another space-saving option that still ranks highly on the fashionable scale: This rack that can be used as a bench, a shoe rack and even a place to store handbags.