Keeping the interiors cool is key to a comfortable living space, especially when you’re living in a tropical climate. Aside from installing air-conditioning units or fans, the right sun shading and window treatments – such as shutters – will help to block out harsh sunlight while allowing for natural ventilation to create an inviting ambience.
Sunleaf Shutters, a well-established manufacturer of premium window shutters, explains why choosing the right window shutters will keep your home looking and feeling cool.
- Sunleaf Shutters manufactures imported American hardwood window shutters, which are made to be more durable — they last for decades — than conventional fabric curtains or blinds, which typically need to be replaced after three to five years.
- Solid wood acts as a natural insulator against heat; installing shutters behind glass windows will shield the home’s interiors from harsh natural light and heat.
- Louvres of the window shutters can be adjusted to specific angles to allow more or less light in, and provide privacy while maintaining views of the surroundings.
- Sunleaf Shutters offers many types of window shutters — including bi-fold panels, bi-fold tracks, roller shutters and sliding shutters — colours, and handles or knobs to choose from. There’s even a colour matching system so you can pick the hue that best complements your interior style!
- Window shutters act as safety and security features for the home, too, as homeowners can add locks and latches to the systems.
- Easy to clean and maintain as compared to curtains, which need to be removed for washing, shutters can simply be dusted or wiped with a damp cloth.