Announced at CES earlier this year, D-Link’s Omna 180 Cam HD (model: DSH-C310) is available in Singapore through the online Apple Store and Apple resellers.
The first Apple HomeKit-enabled IP camera to ship and the first device in D-Link’s new Omna family of HomeKit-enabled devices, the Omna 180 Cam HD offers end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone or iPad. When activity is detected, you will receive a rich notification on your iOS device's lock screen; and through the Apple Home app, you can see a live feed from the camera. You can even access the Omna remotely to see what’s happening at home in real time (assuming you’ve a recent iPad or Apple TV that you can use as a home hub).
Here’s a summary of the camera's key specs:
- Full HD resolution
- 180-degree field of view with de-warping tech
- Dynamic video streaming – Bitrate is continuously adjusted to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth
- 2-way audio – Listen and speak using the camera’s built-in microphone and speaker
- Night vision – See up to 5 meters in complete darkness thanks to the built-in infrared LEDs
- Motion detection – Trigger push alert notifications and automatic video clip recording
- Local recording – Record motion detection-triggered video clips directly to a microSD card (up to 128 GB)
The camera costs US$200 in the U.S.
Written by Ng Chong Seng for Hardwarezone.com