This microwave oven can remove fat from your food, steam, grill, and bake – apart from microwaving, of course. The kitchen appliance we are talking about is the Hitachi's made-in-Japan Superheated Steam Microwave Oven. Yes, sounds ridiculously too good to be true, doesn't it?
Let's look at the technologies used, and what it promises us!
Technology used: Auto Bakery
- The Auto Bakery function allows the full processs of baking, from kneading to baking, using high temperatures, strong kneading, and steam (for its rising process).
- This takes 90 minutes, and users can choose from 21 different menus – as each requires a different type of kneading – such as croissants, pizza dough, and sweet potato cakes (using sweet mode).
- All you need to do is add the ingredients into the baking pan and set it in the oven. Yeast and other dry ingredients, like raisins and nuts, can be added during the kneading process through separate dispensers.
- Bread lovers are able to reduce the calorie intake with the healthy recipes provided by Hitachi with 10 menus to choose from.
Steaming and removing fat from ingredients
Technology used: Superheated Steam
- The superheated steam reduces fat and salt content in your ingredients/food by using over 100°C of steam.
- It promises 11 times more thermal energy than the hot air used in conventional ovens, which will force out high-liquid fat out to the meat's surface. The ultrafine and high temperature steam will then melt the fat.
- It also features and oil-free deep-frying mode, equipped with 18 menus.
Technology used: Steam Grill
- The steam-grill mode, a Hitachi invention, retains vitamin C and moisture in your food. For example, it uses a large amount of steam to drive out oxygen; low oxygen conditions allow more Vitamin C to remain in your vegetables.
- The steam is circulated throughout the oven, while the super grill tray unit generates heat using microwave. This cooks the food thoroughly while keeping cooking time at a minimum.
On top of these, the Hitachi Superheated Steam Microwave Oven also uses Triple Weight Sensor. This weighs the food, so that temperature and cooking time is being adjusted accordingly. This Hitachi invention also detects the food’s position, so the appliance knows where to focus. Adding more ingredients? This function will detect it and recalculate the time and temperature!
Hitachi Superheated Steam Microwave Oven Model MRO-NBL5000E is retailing at $2,399 and available at all authorised dealers.