Simplify home renovation with these 10 mobile apps. Some help measure your space, colour your walls and others even help keep your home safe from intruders:
1) BRIGHT NEST: This app provides tips to homeowners who need help cleaning and organizing their home. It also comes with an in-built calendar and to-do list to help you create a timetable for chores.
2) DULUX VISUALISER: The app allows you to view paint colours on your actual walls through the screen of your mobile device, and lets you “paint” your own walls in real time. Check out the video below!
3) ROOM SCAN: The app helps you draw out your home’s floor plan by “scanning” your walls. Press your phone against one wall till the app beeps, then move on to the next wall and so on till you’re back at the first wall. The app is still in the early stages, but it holds much potential for lazy people – like us.
4) PHOTO MEASURES LITE: Perfect for furniture hunting! The app gives you a handy reference to the measurements of the spaces in your home. Snap a shot of a corner you’re looking to revamp, and save the measurements onto the photo. You’ll only need to refer to the image to see if that sofa will fit that corner of your living room.
5) MANY THING: A home security app, it allows you to create a live video feed on a secondary camera phone that you can leave running at home. The app also allows you to control the camera through your primary mobile phone.
6) SORTLY: Sortly helps you catalogue your belongings. Snap a picture and keep track of its location or category by adding it to a folder. Great for those who constantly forget where they last placed their valuables.
7) FURNISH: Furnish first started as Ikea Now, an app that superimposed 3D images of Ikea furnishings onto the space your phone’s camera is pointed at. It now incorporates furnishing from other brands, and allows you to adjust the product’s size and allows you to rotate the products as well.
8) KRESTA: It allows you to test out various window treatments before purchasing real ones. Like a sticker app, you can superimpose a variety of window treaments with just one swipe. It also allows you to adjust the size, angle and colour of the “sticker”.
9) SALIENT EYE: It works as a motion detector in your home, but requires you to have a spare phone with Salient Eye running on it too. If the app detects movement, it sends a text and email to your primary phone with pictures of the intruder who crossed Salient Eye’s path.
10) MAGIC PLAN: Create accurate layouts of your home using images of rooms with virtual rulers to pinpoint corners and wall edges. The learning process is a little tedious, but the super accurate end result is worth it! It also allows you to add windows and furniture pieces.