Dining spaces in homes don’t have to be cramped against a wall! Like these 7 dream dining spaces, they can be spacious and bright with the right pieces of furniture situated in the right spots of the home.
SOLID BOLD COLOURS
(Interior Design: Three-D Conceptwerke)
1. Keep the space interesting by using bright and bold colours to spruce up the dining area. Keep the amount of furniture to a minimum. Keeping too many pieces might make your space appear cluttered.
PICK THE RIGHT PIECES OF FURNITURE
(Interior Design: Desmond Ong)
3. This couple made the right choice of picking benches rather than heavy chairs with backs. Long benches help give the illusion of a longer, larger space.
CENTRE OF THE HOME
(Interior Design: Distinct Identity)
4. Use your dining table as your home’s centrepiece. This homeowner placed his dining table in the centre of his open-concept space, framing it with an interesting light fixture.
ACCENT A LARGE WALL FEATURE
(Interior Design: Platform Studio)
5. Sure, this home is mostly black, but the shiny surface of the chairs and table helps keep it from looking dull. Precendence is also given to the large, rainbow-coloured array of books that highlights the dining space.
IN THE KITCHEN
(Interior Design: WY-TO)
6. Combining your kitchen and dining space together can give the larger area a café-like look and feel. This couple hosts weekend brunches in their home for large group of friends, so this communal dining and cooking area is perfect for them.
(Interior Design: Design Intervention)
7. This dining room will definitely make an impression on guests with the bright green wallpaper and coral-coloured chairs. The explosion of colour works on this space as the designers stuck to two bold, complementing colours, and softened it with beige chairs, a soft beige rug and white accents.