The best way to create a spacious HDB flat is through hacking away walls. But before we show of 8 beautiful homes that have become more spacious through hacking, we also have a myth we'd like to clear up as well:
Does hacking the walls affect the valuation of your home?
The answer is no. Read up more about it here: HDB Flat Renovations: What it means for your flat's resale value.
Not convinced? Maybe these beautiful spaces might change your mind:
1) The designer painted the ceiling beams black to add a contemporary look to this spacious living room.
2) This jumbo flat was created by combining a three and four-room HDB flat in Yishun. Yes! It's possible to do so! You just need a permit from HDB. Don't say we never share. If you like this amazing, minimalist home, check out our October issue here. Back orders still available!
3) By opening up the space, the designer built a longer dry kitchen that doubled as a dining space for guests. The L-shape of this home allows the owner to keep the kitchen separate from the rest of the home as well.
4) This designer created a unique circular living room with the open space created by hacking away a few walls. Definitely a memorable home.
5) A three-room flat becomes more spacious thanks to the help of the designer who took down a few walls. Now there's enough space to create a cheerful L-shape sofa.
6) Bigger space means more space for more quirky pieces like the giant bean-bag. Check out this home's designer.
8) This designer tore down a storeroom that sat in the middle of the home, giving the owners a larger living room.