Red – it’s not as harsh as you think. Just like blushers, it can do wonders when applied in the right doses. Choose the right shade, use it sparingly over the appropriate areas, and watch this colour breathe life into your home!
2. As red is a strong colour, it can create big impacts in small doses. Go one step further and contrast pops of red against a jet black surface to play up both the bold colours like in this study area. (Interior design by Space Sense)
4. The trick to get a polished look with a daring colour scheme is to remain disciplined. Here, the homeowner restrained the use of reds to more sizeable objects like the striking wall art and glossy dining table to create a more arresting impression. (Interior design by DistinctIdentity)
6. The orange and red combo is definitely not for everyone. You either love it or hate it, and if you decide to go with this palette, note that it goes exceptionally well with chrome accents. (Interior design by Free Space Intent)
7. If you’re bringing different elements with pops of red into the same space, ensure that they’re of the same (or similar) shade. It might look rather out of place or messy if they aren’t. (Interior design by Blupin I.D)
10. Crimson and midnight blue, coupled with lush velvet textures, come together to create a lush, moody boutique feel here. (Interior design by Iwan Sastrawiguna Interior Design)
11. Look what wonders a sprightly dash of rouge red can do for a small bathroom! (Interior design by Spacedge Designs)
Trying to figure out what colour scheme to use for your home? Read:
+ COLOUR: 3 Ways to Use Moss Green
+ Channel romance and elegance into your home with pastel colours!
+ Find your signature colour…
For more renovation ideas, browse our library of inspiring homes.